When it comes to health, the best thing to do is to be responsible for taking care of yourself. Become a poor host or hostess for unhealthiness of every kind. Most of us know what we should do. We are unwilling to give up our temporary pleasure.
Would you really like to “stay safe"? Stay healthy- build your health. I liken it to light and darkness. You can fight darkness, but it’s better to shine a light. You can fight disease but it’s better to support your health and let the immune system God DESIGNED handle it.
It will cost you your time, energy, and money. It is hard work to be healthy, but it’s hard work to be sick. It’s expensive to live, period. You can spend on your health or your sickness. You're going to have to spend, but you do get to choose.
1. Cut out the sugar - it’s poison.
2. Cut out the corn syrup - it’s toxic.
3. Exercise - every day - you can do something, but get up and go.
4. Cut our the white flour - it’s made with bleach, processed, and carcinogenic - junk food kills 11 million people every year.
5. Lose that weight - obesity is a health risk. It’s not the Enigma from WW2 - it’s a crackable code.
6. Eat organic produce - pesticides and herbicides are carcinogenic.
7. But back on processed meat - it’s disease ridden.
8. Under-eat - longevity and under-eating are linked hand in hand.
9. Look at your beauty products - many are KNOWN carcinogenic.
10. Reduce your stress - give your anxiety and cares to God. Do you really think YOU can do better than HIM???
11. Go outside - EVERYONE I meet is vitamin D deficient. Sunshine is free.
12. Cut out or down on dairy. Casein promotes cancer.
13. Look at the oils you cook with - are they synthetic?
14. Breath - learn to breath properly...this means...heaven help us..poofing out your stomach when you inhale...that control top clothing harms your intake of air!!! ***and if you must mask your sweet smile, be sure to counteract it by spending as much time as possible breathing air the natural way.
15. Consider your “news” and entertainment source - garbage in, garbage out.
16. Stretch - flexibility and symmetry of movement are huge injury preventers.
17. Go to sleep - your body does most of its restorative work when you sleep. And doesn’t God say “something” about vanity and staying up worrying? 🙂
18. Eat - a little snack throughout the day regulates blood sugar.
19. Never drink soda - it’s poison in a cup.
20. Don’t smoke, vape, drink - besides being unbecoming for a Christian, it’s unhealthy.
21. Be clean - if you don’t wash your hands after a bathroom trip, fecal matter and your food may mingle. Fecal/oral exists when 1 out of 6 people wash their hands after they use the toilet. When you think of Typhoid Mary, think of fecal oral.
22. Stop the fast food - did you know even the wrappers have toxins in them that leach into your food?
23. Cook - you can make better choices and higher quality choices.
24. Plan your menu - throwing anything down the gullet is never great.
25. Take vitamins - they really can make a huge difference in your health.
26. Pay attention - if you have health issues, deal with them and don’t sweep them under the rug; most people kinda know when something is wrong.
27. Drugs - if you medically need them, by all means, it’s not a sin, but if it’s something you can take personal responsibility to avoid and not need, step up and do the hard thing.
28. Drink water - flush waste and toxins with it.
29. Bowels - attend to their proper movement(subtle, huh?!?).
30. Make emotional connections - being distant from people is poisonous.
31. Make physical connections - we all need non-sexual touch, and your arms are not 6 feet long.
32. Smile, laugh, and play - a merry heart...
Now do everything right and you're still going to die.
God numbers our days. Thinking we can control it is idolatry.
With God’s grace, hopefully, you will have more life in your years. Some physical ailments we must bear, and others, with effort, are optional.
Our life is to give God glory, and it’s not our life anyways - there is NO SAFE PLACE except where God wants you. Be a good steward, because He loves you more than you can imagine.
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.Psalm 28:7
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.Psalm 56:4
That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Joyfully serving her Saviour in her blessed position of wife and mother, Dr. Michelle Zarrillo has a unique perspective on health related issues. As a working chiropractor and an avid reader, she has many opportunities to practice that which she learns. Educating her children at home and discovering their special needs has further challenged her to examine the connection between the physical, mental and spiritual realms of the human nature. Her passion for healthier living and her quest for the Creator’s ways of healing keep her pressing forward in search of truth.