Written by Crystal Shearer
The night that I was Born Again, I was in MN, near a lake, meditating on the new perspective that God had given me that instant of salvation1, 2, 3 (John 3:3, Matthew 3:1-2, 2 Peter 3:9). As I watched the sun set over the mirror-like lake with my new eternal companion,4, 5 (Proverbs 18:24, John 14:17-18) the Holy Spirit, I tried to comprehend the spiritual awakening of being adopted6 (Romans 8:14-17) by the King of kings and Lord of lords. The sky’s brilliant colors gradually faded away to darkness and wolves began howling from afar. As a girl alone in the woods, I usually would have been afraid but not this time… Death7 (1 Corinthians 15:55) was no longer an unknown, I realized that in my heart, I knew that my last breath on Earth meant my first moment in the presence8 (2 Corinthians 5:8) of my Redeemer and Saviour! But when the mosquitoes began their feast at my expense, I decided to head back to the camp. As I found my way back through the woods, I walked through spider webs and was instantly reminded of the ‘old creature9 (2 Corinthians 5:17)’ that would have been petrified of a spider hitching a ride on me but this time was different; the spider could have joined me because I had found God’s gift of grace10 (Ephesians 2:8-9), Jesus Christ!
As a newborn babe in Christ11 (1 Peter 2:2-3), I was still unsure of how to understand the newness that I was experiencing but I sincerely knew (and still know) with full assurance12 (Isaiah 12:2) that it was not something that would ever change. A few months later, I read Psalm 34:4 “I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. ”That is exactly what happened!
This virus is certainly a devastating event globally but God has a purpose. I believe it is an external indicator of the heart’s current condition. While precautions are always wise, God’s true children know that there is nothing to fear - ever13!
Dearly beloved, I implore you to search your heart, are you afraid14 (Psalm 118:6)? Plead with God to use this event in a mighty way through your life: whether to unveil your deception and cry out to the only One who can save you immediately before it is too late15, 16 (2 Corinthians 6:1-2, Matthew 16:28). He can only be worshipped in Spirit and in truth17 (John 4:24). Or rejoice (loudly enough that it can be observed from at least 6 feet away), and let the entire world around you know why you’re experiencing a supernatural peace that passeth all understanding!
So… Have you been fearful or have you been fruitful?
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love” 1 John 4:18
- John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Matthew 3:1-2 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (other related verses: Matthew 4:17, Mark 1:14-15, Romans 2:4)
- Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
- John 14:17-18 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
- Romans 8:14-17 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God, For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
- 1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
- 2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.
- 1 Peter 2:2-3 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: if so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
- Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
- 2 Corinthians 6:1-2 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation)
- Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
- John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
“Designed to promote Biblical living for today’s Christian Woman.”
It is our highest desire that this publication encourages and edifies ladies in their daily walk with the Lord and strengthens them in their God-given role as wives, mothers, daughters, and servants of the Lord Jesus Christ.