As fall is upon us, I really enjoy making soups! This is a recipe I found while visiting my sister-in-law in Michigan. The sweet potato adds a nice flavor to this soup and we have lots of kale in the garden.
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 pound Sausage
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
4 C. Chicken broth
2 C. Water
3/4 C. Small pasta shells
4 C. Mixed greens (kale, Swiss chard, or spinach)
Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- In large pot heat the oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper then add the sausage and cook until fully browned.
- Add the sweet potatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil then add pasta. Cook for 3 minutes less than package instructions.
- Add the greens and cook until pasta is tender and greens are wilted.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Cindy is married to Gary and have two married children and five grandchildren. Both Cindy and her husband were teachers and this past year Cindy taught Home Economics at the church’s Christian school.
Being blessed with many interests and abilities, she enjoys cooking, baking and trying new recipes, as well as canning and food preservation.
She loves fresh fruits and vegetables from her garden. Birds, butterflies and flower gardens are a favorite attraction her and Gary enjoy.