As fall is upon us, I really enjoy making soups! This is a recipe I found while visiting my sister-in-law in Michigan. The sweet potato adds a nice flavor to this soup and we have lots of kale in the garden.
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 pound Sausage
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
4 C. Chicken broth
2 C. Water
3/4 C. Small pasta shells
4 C. Mixed greens (kale, Swiss chard, or spinach)
Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- In large pot heat the oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper then add the sausage and cook until fully browned.
- Add the sweet potatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil then add pasta. Cook for 3 minutes less than package instructions.
- Add the greens and cook until pasta is tender and greens are wilted.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.