This month’s recipe was shared with me by Cindy Vile. What a great way to utilize your freezer! This make-ahead-meal doesn’t need to be pre-cooked and is specifically made for the slow cooker. Simply add a side dish and you’re ready to go! Great for Sundays or busy summer days. Just remember to take it out the night before.
- 1½ lbs round steak, cut into ½ in strips (Cindy says she’s used London Broil with good results)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 (16 oz) can Italian style tomatoes
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- 1 tbsp steak sauce
- Toss steak in salt, pepper, & flour and add to gallon-sized freezer bag.
- In a med bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients, add to bag. Zip close and place in freezer.
- When ready to use thaw in fridge overnight.
- Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on low 8 hours.
Though she grew up in a Christian home, Allison did not realize her need of being born again until she was 21 years old, when she repented of her sin and put her faith in Jesus Christ alone. She is thrilled to be a member of a vibrant church where the gospel is preached clearly and unashamedly!
Allison is wife to Roland, who is the senior pastor at LVBC. She is also mother to five children. She enjoys reading, sewing, and experimenting with new recipes in the kitchen.